Sunday, February 04, 2007

Harper Gets One Right!

NFL football is indeed boring, and the Superbowl often the most boring football game of the year!

And I am proud to say that I am one of the few straight white males in North America who will be trying to avoid the game this evening. Maybe the wife and I will throw on The Devil Wears Prada, or Predator II, if I get my way. "It came to town with a few days to KILL!!!" Now there's action.

PS. As a bit of a BCLSB exclusive, I note that the article also refs Harper's upcoming book on the glory days of the Toronto Maple Leafs. You'd think he'd have finished it by now, but apparently he's attempting to write the whole thing on a single-grain of rice.

There's also some question of a publisher willing to put out a book on ancient history.

You read it here first.

6 comments:

JimBobby said...

Whooee! My Great Uncle Karl had a sayin' --

"Professional sport is the opiate of the poeple."

JB

Anonymous said...

Yay I'm not the only one who won't be watching the most boring game of the most boring sport today!

Anonymous said...

Well, some find hockey boring, basketball boring, etc., etc.

Just what Canada needs - another hockey book. My dad has an excellent collection of hockey books and for Harper to think "he's" the one and only expert makes me laugh.

With all the tension around the world today, there's nothing wrong with engrossing yourself in a sport to get away from it all.

Anonymous said...

a book on "glory days of the Toronto Maple Leafs" . . .

well that should fill 2 or 3 pages

Anonymous said...

Obviously Anon doesn't know about the "early" days of the Leafs or the remarks would be very different.

One thing about a movie, you wouldn't be faced with pathetic political attack ads when trying to have a relaxing Sunday away from politics, work, the mess of the world - gee, what a thoughtful guy Harper is.

jmnlman said...

I do enjoy Steve trying to be the everyman. It's pretty funny an economics MA trying to be cool. Book on the Leafs sounds elitist to me....:)