Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I Gotta Friend Whose A Friend Of The Working Class

Won't have time to write much today, as I'll be offsite. Won't even have time to read the papers. So let me just offer another gratuitous cheap-shot at the expense of the Federal NDP, who have been irritating me lately.

The federal NDP remind me of that great old song "Debris" by The Faces, where Ronnie Lane sings:

Theres more trouble at the depot,
With the general workers union
And you said, "They'll never change a thing.
And you can hear them, they're not working."





Don't know why, but it seems appropriate. Maybe I am stuck in the 1970s, like the NDP.

I am also reminded of those great proletarian poets The Upper Crust, and their Roque epic "A Friend of a Friend of The Working Class"

You get up in the morning to join the common herd
Your lot is a hard one, or so I have heard
I know how hard it is to bust one's ass
'Cause I'm a Friend of a Friend of the Working Class.



And here's our heroes performing a song about immense wealth that our NDP brothers and sisters would almost certainly reject as immoral: "I Got My Ascot 'n' My Dickie". Eugene is probably puking even now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atlas Shrugged, a long time ago. It's time for Canada to do the same.

Ti-Guy said...

What's Atlas Shrugged?

Anonymous said...

It's a book title, not Hentai, so I guess that's why you're unfamiliar with it.